The University remains open and observes its schedules in all weather, unless the determination is made by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost, and the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer that current weather conditions warrant cancellation of classes and/or closing.
In the event of extreme weather emergency conditions, instructions will be communicated to the University community.
In the event of inclement weather,
Stay informed – listen and watch for advisories/alerts via:
- Your e-mail
- Syracuse University’s website: www.syr.edu/
- Weather Alert text message
- Campus Announcements: www.news.syr.edu
- Syracuse University’s Twitter account: https://twitter.com/SUcampus
- SU’s radio station WAER-FM 88.3 and other local radio and television station for University information.
To report locations in need of snow clearing, please call 443-4984. Report any other hazardous conditions to Physical Plant at 443-1234 or the Department of Public Safety at 443-2224.
For additional guidance, view the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Severe Storm Guidelines.